I'm still here.

 Well, well, well. If it isn't the blog I haven't used in seven years. 

As I reread my ancient posts, I debated deleting some of the older ones. I'm not going to. People change and I'm a people. A lot has happened in my life and yours in the last seven years. For example, I no longer have a husband or any parents. And the kids I talk about are mostly grown. And I never go to church anymore. 

But I still write. The Fragile Line Series currently has six published books with book seven coming out this fall. I also have two stand-alone young adult novels available. All of my books are available on Amazon

My journey as an indie author has been interesting. I published four books back in 2015-16 and then lost my mojo. I couldn't explain it then, but looking back, I understand. Then in 2020 or maybe 2021, I published The Truth About Gracie. I think I made one social media post about it when I did. Then about a year ago, I looked to see if it had gotten any reviews (or if any of my books were getting any reviews) and found The Truth About Gracie to have a one-star review amongst its three reviews. It was also around this time I was trying to date (haha what a joke) and a guy I went on a few dates with ordered Beautiful and brought it on our date and asked me to sign it. Then he actually read the book! He would text me random things that made no sense and I'd be like "What?" and he'd remind me he was reading my book. So, I decided to read it to
o. And then the next one, and the next one, and the next one. Then I decided, what the heck, why not publish the next one. It was completed and I'd probably read it twenty times since 2016 trying to motivate myself. 

The difference was that this time I actually published it. Yeah, it was poorly formatted with a crappy cover and readers couldn't remember what happened in the last book because it had been six and a half years since the last one came out. I hate binging a show just to find out it's going to have more seasons that I have to wait for because by the time they come out, I don't remember what happened in the last season. So, I will just keep writing The Fragile Line Series until I'm done with the story. There are a lot of series out there that didn't really gain a following until they were completed. 

I digress. 

Self-publishing. I have learned a lot. Am I a pro? Lol no. But I have knowledge to offer. I'm contemplating offering some free advice for people who are just starting out in their self-publishing journey. I'm also considering offering some various services at a low cost to indie authors, such as affordable cover making and promotional posts for social media, and affordable book formatting using the software I spent too much money on. 

This post has no point. I just wanted to pop in and say that I'm still here and I'm still writing and raising kids. I really should make this a thing I do. 

Comments