L-Belle-Mini-Pizza's


We eat a lot at my house. Some people don’t like the food I like. Scratch that. Some kids don’t like the food I like. And just to be clear, I like everything except eggs, tuna, peas, and squirrel (We can get into the squirrel thing later.) Since I have developed this love of cooking for my glorious, gracious family, I thought I would start sharing some of my creations on my blog. I know, I know. It’s way offline with what I usually do on my blog, but, hey, why be predictable?

L-Belle is 3 and started pre-k this year. Her bus picks her up a little after noon, so I fix her a light lunch before she heads off. (That sounded so proper. More like I usually slap together a PBJ because that’s about all she’ll eat.)
 I’m not sure what happened on this day. Maybe I was feeling like Wonder Woman or something. Maybe we were out of bread. Who knows. I made mini-L-Belle-sized-pizza. Totally from scratch. Check it out.
We laid out flatbread that we had on hand. I know what you’re thinking. She has no bread, but she has flatbread. Hey. No judging.
 Anyway. So the flatbread is flat on the cookie sheet. And I just happened to have pizza sauce left from another meal where I did not make pizza. (Don’t ask.) We spread a wee bit of sauce, but only on mine ‘cuz L-Belle doesn’t LOVE sauce. But she LOVES her some cheese. That’s mine heaped with onion and salami and cheese.
I’d preheated the oven to 400, and slid those bad boys in for about 8 minutes. Yours might take a little longer depending on what all you top them with. Cut ‘em in 4’s and L-Belle couldn’t keep her grubby little paws off them!





Mini Pizza’s
Ingredients:
Flatbread- 1 for each mini pizza (Flour tortillas also work well)
Pizza sauce (or spaghetti sauce, or alfredo, heck, maybe even BBQ!)
Your choice of toppings (pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions, peppers, salami, ham, ANYTHING!)
Mozzarella cheese (or cheddar, or whatever you have laying around. Cheese slices would probably work, too.)

1.       Preheat oven to 400.
2.       Spread sauce on the flatbread.
3.       Top with topping.
4.       Top toppings with cheese.
5.        Bake for 7-10 minutes.
So simple and so L-Belle pleasing!! Mine was pretty good too! L-Belle gave mini pizza’s 3 Fresh Beats out of 4.
Seriously, though. I am going to start posting recipes to my blog. You’ll like them. You’ll make them. You’ll eat them. You’ll love them.

Comments